Our commitment is clear: to empower you with the knowledge, strategies, and insights necessary to make informed decisions.
In the intricate tapestry of the business world, success often hinges on specialised knowledge and a nuanced understanding of complex areas.
We recognise that navigating the labyrinthine realms of Company Legislation, Charitable Trusts, and Estate Planning requires expertise beyond the ordinary. That’s why we’re here – to be your trusted guide through these intricate domains.
Acquisitions & Mergers
There are many scenarios in which you may wish to acquire a business enterprise. Whatever the situation, Brophy Knight is able to take the stress out of the process and maximise the opportunity for you.
Whether you are considering buying a business or merging with another business, we have the experience and the expertise you need. We ask the right questions, and find the necessary answers. Are you getting a good deal? Is the business right for you? Can you afford it? Have all avenues for future growth been investigated?
The services we provide incorporate every stage of the process – from identifying potential acquisitions, through to the negotiations of the commercial elements of the transaction, through to forecasting the future of the business. Incorporated in this is:
- A review of your goals and objectives
- Due diligence services
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Advice on potential pitfalls and rewards involved in a merger
- Assistance with purchase negotiations
- Advice on financing
- Assistance with preparation of a business plan
Calling on the skills of professionals means you will be far less likely to purchase an unsuitable business. Let Brophy Knight show you how their experience can save you from stress, and provide you with the great opportunity a business acquisition or merger can be.
Charitable trusts are trusts set up to hold money or assets and carry out activities for the benefit of the community. They may be formed for the purpose of:
- the promotion of education
- the relief of poverty
- the promotion of religion
- other purposes of benefit to the community
A charitable trust as registered by the Charities Commission gains tax benefits when approved by the IRD. These tax breaks include the absence of gift duty on gifts to the trust and the absence of tax on income earned by the trust.
At Brophy Knight, we know the practicalities of charitable trusts. Our experience in this area enables us to assist you in both setting up the trust and in using the trust to most effectively reach your charitable goals.
Company legislation requires businesses to perform many administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you are complying with the Companies Act 1993.
The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take.
At Brophy Knight we are able to relieve this burden for you. Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing of annual returns on your behalf
- Preparation of all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintenance of statutory books
- Assistance in changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Bonus Issues
- Share transfers
- Registered Office Facility
Commercial Property Management
Brophy Knight manages several commercial properties on behalf of clients.
As unpleasant as the task is, estate planning is one of the necessities in life. It allows peace of mind knowing your hard earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose.
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the process of providing for business continuity.
The executor and trustee of a will is required to perform a number of duties. At Brophy Knight, we are experienced in estate planning and can assure that the succession plan for your assets will be held to.
The areas involved in estate administration we are able to assist with include:
- Meeting to discuss objectives for your estate
- Confirming assets – valuations, inventories, appraisals
- Documentation involved in estate planning
- Protecting the assets
- Paying taxes and debts
- Estate distribution
Brophy Knight is fully equipped to provide financial reporting for larger scale businesses and issuers of financial instruments. We prepare financial statements to International Financial Reporting Standards tier 1 and tier 2 level and our team is experience in dealing with auditors and the audit process.
We live in a computerised age. Technology enables us to enhance a wide variety of business processes. Effective use of software and hardware can provide enormous benefits to your business.
Here at Brophy Knight, we have embraced the world of computerised systems, and as such, our experienced professionals are able to:
- Discuss with you the best system to implement to further your business
- Install and configure the software to suit your purposes
- Recommend processes to make your computer system more secure
- Suggest accounting software applications suitable for your business
- Train clients to be self-sufficient users of a variety of software
- Offer advice on electronic banking
Whether you are contemplating the addition of new computer hardware, or looking at completely changing your business systems, our trained staff are able to assist you.
At Brophy Knight, we have the necessary expertise to assist in a variety of areas in relation to residential and commercial property.
The services we offer our clients include:
- Advice on the purchasing of a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance in tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
The importance of forecasts in making a residential investment cannot be emphasised enough. We are able to provide for you:
- Forecasts of revenue returns
- Forecasts of financial position
- Forecasts of potential growth
To achieve a comfortable retirement requires forward planning. You need to consider such things as when you will retire, how much income will be required to allow the retirement you desire, how to acquire that income, and what role the government will play.
The friendly team at Brophy Knight can help you answer these questions and plan for the relaxing retirement that you’ve earned.
Selling a Business
Selling a business can be a difficult, often disheartening time. In this state the tasks involved in selling a business can seem particularly arduous. Here at Brophy Knight we are able to relieve that stress for you.
The services we provide in relation to organising the selling of a business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Taking the business to the market
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
- Drafting a contract
Our friendly and professional staff are able to assist in such a way that a maximum return for your business can be achieved.
In ensuring the long term success of your business, it is critical to establish a well-designed succession plan. Coordination of the transition of your business to your successors can be an arduous process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of business continuation, taking the stress off your shoulders.
A trust provides a valuable way of protecting the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others.
We have extensive experience and so are able to offer specialist advice on Trust formation, ensuring all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in Trust administration will be invaluable.
We are able to:
- Prepare and execute the vital documentation involved in Trust formation
- Attend to the special requirements involved in reporting for Trusts
- Trust administration
- Minute keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Asset management
- Investment monitoring
- Income distribution
We offer a wide range of services to help you run your business as effectively and as free from stress as possible.
Our specialist services include business acquisitions & mergers, estate planning and many more.
Need help with GST, FBT and tax returns? Our team can assist you with all your taxation needs.